Viewing and Sharing Poll Responses
Participants' responses to poll questions are tallied in the chair's Poll Tab. The chair has access to two types of poll responses:
- Tallied Responses: View the tallied responses if you want to see a breakdown of the poll results. For example, you might view the tallied responses to see that 85% of the participants chose answer B. The chair can keep these responses private or share them with other meeting participants.
- Individual Responses: View individual responses if you want to see how a particular participant answered a poll question. The chair cannot share the individual responses with other meeting participants.
Viewing and Sharing Tallied Poll Responses
- Viewing: As soon as you send the poll, the tallied responses automatically appear. If the chair specified correct answers, they are indicated by check marks.
- Sharing: Select a question in the "Polling questions" drop-down list on the Polling tab, and then click the Share Responses icon (or choose Tools - Polling - Share Responses). Meeting participants see the responses in the Polling Tab.
Once you share the responses, they are visible to everyone.
Viewing Individual Poll Responses
The chair can see individual participants' responses but cannot use the polling feature to share these responses with other meeting participants.
Note It is possible to show the individual responses to other participants by sharing your screen. However, you should not attempt to share the individual responses in most cases. Participants expect their individual responses to remain private.
To view individual responses:
- Select a question from the "Polling questions" drop-down list on the Polling tab.
- Click the View Individual Responses tab. Each participant's name and answer appears. If the chair specified correct answers, they are indicated by check marks.
Note If the chair selected "Responses are anonymous" when creating the question, the names of the respondents are not available, but you can still view the answers.
- (Short answer questions only) Select a name from the list. The participant's response appears below the list. (If the responses are anonymous, select an answer from the list. The complete text of the answer appears below the list, but no name is visible.)
- When you are finished viewing the individual responses, click Close.