Working with Raised Hands
During a meeting, any participant can raise a hand to get the chair's attention. The list below describes some possible ways for you to work with raised hands during a meeting.
As the chair you can:
- Raise your hand just like any other participant. You might want to raise your hand to signal a presenter to finish a presentation, to ask a question, or to let others know that you have returned after a brief absence.
- Ask a question with group chat and tell participants to respond by raising their hands. For example, ask all participants who prefer a certain product design to raise their hands. Even participants that do not have permission to chat can see what you type in a group chat and respond by raising their hands.
- Recognize participants who have raised a hand by speaking to them with a telephone conference call, computer audio, or by sending them a private chat message. For example, a participant might raise a hand and then send a chat message asking for permission to speak.
- Lower the hand of any meeting participant. You might want to lower everyone's hands after they have responded to a question.
- See how many people in the meeting have raised their hands by looking at the hand icon in the status bar at the bottom of the Meeting Room.
- See all meeting participants, with those with their hands raised first, in the order in which they raised their hands by clicking Show at the top of the participants list and then clicking "By hand raise."
When hands are raised, the bottom of the participants list shows the number of hands raised. A raised hand icon displays beside the name of each person whose hand is raised.
You can lower all raised hands or just the hands of selected participants.
- To lower all hands, click the lower all hands button at the bottom of the participants list or choose Actions - Lower All Hands. The hand icons in front of the names disappear.
- To lower selected hands, select the names of the appropriate participants in the participants list and then choose Action - Lower Selected Hands. The hand icons in front of the selected names disappear.